Through SheBelieves, U.S. Soccer aims to instill in our audience that they can be the best: the best athlete, the best student, the best engineer, the best doctor, lawyer, teacher, writer – anything they aspire to be.
SheBelieves strives to empower young women and girls and highlight those who are currently in pursuit of their dream. The SheBelieves Hero™ campaign is looking for individuals who embody the SheBelieves spirit.
A SheBelieves Hero™ is a leader in their community, passionate, empowers others around them and is working to make a difference.
In March of 2018, U.S. Soccer will host the third annual SheBelieves Cup – an elite, four team international tournament featuring four of the top five ranked women's national teams in the world. The SheBelieves Hero™ Twitter Contest winner will be invited to an exclusive SheBelieves experience around the U.S. WNT SheBelieves Cup training and match in Harrison, NJ.
HOW CAN YOU BECOME THE 2018 SHEBELIEVES HERO™?
- To enter, upload a video to Twitter starting Tuesday, January 9 at 11:00 a.m. CT and before 11:59 p.m. CT on Monday, February 5, 2017, stating how you or your nominee embody the SheBelieves qualities and use the #SheBelievesHero hashtag.
- All video entries must be submitted via Twitter using the #SheBelievesHero hashtag.
- State the following information about yourself or your nominee: Full name, hometown and age.
- The video submitter must be 13 years of age or older at the time of entry. If under the age of 18, the parent or guardian of the nominated individual and of the video submitter must have approved the nomination and submission of the video. The video submitter must nominate a living person whose age at the time of nomination is between 13 and 17 years of age.
- Each post must contain at least 14 characters and no more than 280 in length and must be in English. Limit one Tweet/Post/Entry per Day per person/Twitter account
- Entries will be judged by a panel of judges, and will be narrowed down to 4 finalists. Entries will be ranked on the following criteria: (a) Unique entertainment value (b) creativity; and (c) explanation as to why you/the nominee should be the SheBelieves Hero.
- The four entries will be shared on ussoccer.com and U.S. Soccer social media channels to allow the public to “vote” for their favorite submission by clicking “like” on Facebook, favoring/retweeting on Twitter and/or clicking “like” on Instagram. The post that receives the most interactions across the U.S. Soccer channels will be the winner and be named the SheBelieves Hero™.
- The SheBelieves Hero™ Twitter Contest (“Contest”) is open only to individuals who are legal U.S. residents of one of the 48 continental United States or the District of Columbia.
- By submitting your entry, you agree to abide by, and cause your nominee to abide by, the Contest Official Rules. Approximate retail value of the prize is $1,300.