United States Soccer Federation “SheBelieves Hero” Contest
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED ONLY FOR ENTRY IN ONE OF THE FIFTY STATES OF THE UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED WITHIN ONE OF THE FIFTY STATES OF THE UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, CONTESTANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL RESPECTS. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The United States Soccer Federation SheBelieves Hero Contest (“Contest”) is open only to individuals who are legal U.S. permanent residents of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia who are thirteen (13) years to seventeen (17) years of age or older at the time of entry (the “Contestant”). All Contestants will need his/her parent or legal guardian in order to submit. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of the United States Soccer Federation, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”) and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest) are not eligible to participate.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 11:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on January 11, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on February 11, 2019 (“Contest Period”). Each Website (defined below) will be the official timekeeper of the Contest.
3. TO ENTER: There are three (3) ways to submit a video in this Contest: either via (a) Facebook®; (b) InstagramTM; or (c) Twitter® (all of the aforementioned collectively referred to as the “Websites”). A video may be created and posted on YouTube®, but it must be submitted via the other three platforms. The video should state why you believe you are a hero (the “Submission”). The video must not exceed 60 seconds in length. Regardless of the method used to make a Submission, there is a limit of one (1) Submission per Contestant for the entire Contest.
A. Facebook: Contestant must visit www.facebook.com during the Contest Period and upload the Submission directly to the Facebook wall of the Sponsor’s Facebook page found at www.facebook.com/OfficialUSSoccer. Contestant must include the hashtags #SheBelievesHero and #Contest in the wall post and then click “Post” to receive one (1) Submission into the Contest. Contestant must include the hashtags and his/her Facebook profile setting must be “public” in order to receive one (1) Submission into the Contest. If the Contestant’s account is not set to “public”, the Sponsor may not be able to view the video and the Submission will not be eligible to win. Contestant may not use multiple Facebook accounts to enter.
B. Instagram: Contestant must upload the video to their Instagram feed during the Contest Period with the hashtags #SheBelievesHero and #Contest. Contestant must include the hashtags and his/her Instagram profile setting must be “public” in order to receive one (1) Submission into the Contest Period. If the Contestant’s account is not set to “public”, the Sponsor may not be able to view the video and the Submission will not be eligible to win. Contestant may not use multiple Instagram accounts to enter.
C. Twitter: Contestant must follow @ussoccer, upload the video to Twitter from their Twitter account and include the hashtags #SheBelievesHero and #Contest in the tweet and then click “Tweet” to receive one (1) Submission into the Contest Period. Contestant must include the hashtags and his/her Twitter account must be set to “public” in order to receive one (1) Submission into the Contest Period. If the Contestant’s account is not set to “public”, the Sponsor may not be able to view the video and the Submission will not be eligible to win. Contestant may not use multiple Twitter accounts to enter.
D. YouTube: Contestant must upload the video to his/her YouTube account and then post the link to the video to one of the Websites by following the respective Websites Submission process as listed above. Posting a video on YouTube alone will not be considered a Submission. Contestant must ensure that the settings on his/her YouTube account for “Broadcast Options” are set to Public or Unlisted and the “Sharing Options” for “Embedding” are set to “Yes, external sites may embed and play this video”. If the video submitted does not have these settings, the Website will not be able to accept the Contestant’s video and/or display it on the Website.
By submitting a video on YouTube, Contestants agree to comply with YouTube’s Terms of Service (www.youtube.com/t/terms) & Community Guidelines (www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines). Failure to comply with such terms & guidelines may result in disqualification.
If you don’t already have a Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter Account, visit www.facebook.com, www.instagram.com or www.twitter.com to create an account; creating an account at any one of these Websites is free. By submitting your information and creating an account, you will be required to agree to the terms of service and privacy notice for the respective Website. If you do not agree to the terms of service and privacy notice, you cannot create an account.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube. You understand that you are supplying your information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or YouTube.
Contestant represents and warrants that the Submission: (a) is complete, true and correct to the best of Contestant’s knowledge and belief; (b) is the original work of the Contestant; and (c) has not previously won a contest or other promotion. All Submissions must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. CT on February 11, 2019. Late Submissions or Submissions sent via any other method than those stated above will not be accepted. Any attempt by a Contestant to enter more than one (1) Submission by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, and/or any other methods, will void all of that Contestant’s Submissions and that Contestant may be disqualified from the Contest.
Contestants must only submit videos of themselves or any third party person who has signed a release form for the Contestant. Contestant will be asked by Sponsor to provide any necessary release forms so that the Submission may be used without limitation for any advertising/promotional purposes. In the event the Contestant is unable to produce any necessary releases, the entire Submission will be disqualified.
The video submitted must comply with the applicable Website’s upload requirements. By submitting a video on a Website, Contestants agree to comply with Terms of Service and guidelines for the applicable Website. Failure to comply with such terms and guidelines may result in disqualification.
Submissions will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Website account from which the Submission is submitted at the time of entry. A potential prize winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the account associated with the winning Submission and/or an eligible Contestant.
Submission Requirements/Restrictions: Submissions (a) containing obscene, lewd, crude, vulgar, profane, defamatory or inappropriate text, including acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm; (b) containing other offensive content and/or any content that is explicit, graphic or otherwise indecent or that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable, or offensive; (c) that are derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; (d) promoting alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms or weapons, activities that appear unsafe or dangerous or a particular political agenda or message; (e) containing and displaying third-party brands, or any materials that violate or infringe (or may infringe) any copyright (including, without limitation, music or artistic work), trademark, logo, or other mark that identifies a brand, entity or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased, including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light; or (f) otherwise violate these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor/Independent Administrator, in their sole discretion, shall be disqualified from the Contest. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a Submission it feels is inappropriate in any way.
To the best of Contestant’s knowledge and belief, its Submission is truthful. Contestant further agrees and warrants that he/she shall not knowingly enter any Submission that (a) is false, inaccurate, or misleading; (b) violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising); and (c) is or may reasonably be considered defamatory, libelous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, or corporation.
Should any Submission violate these restrictions, such Submission will be disqualified and will not be eligible to win. In such event, Sponsor further reserves the right to take any necessary actions so as to protect their respective legal rights.
Additional Conditions: Submissions must not have been previously published, must not be awaiting publication, and may not be submitted for publication consideration during the Contest. Submission must be in English.
Submissions not meeting the requirements as set forth in these Official Rules as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will not be eligible for judging and will be disqualified.
By participating, Contestant agrees that their Submission may be shared on social media sites or other websites by the Sponsor. However, such posting of a Submission does not constitute any representation or guarantee by Sponsor that any Submission will be selected as a Finalist or a prize winner in the Contest; see below for an explanation of the evaluation of Submissions and the procedure by which a prize winner will be selected pursuant to this Contest.
By entering a Submission, Contestant grants Sponsor and its affiliates worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, and fully paid-up rights to publicly perform, display, broadcast, or transmit the Submission, in whole or in part, for promotion and marketing purposes worldwide in any and all forms of media, whether now known or hereafter devised, and to distribute (directly or indirectly through multiple tiers) the Submission to Sponsor’s affiliates, its marketing agencies, and to third parties for these purposes. Without limiting the foregoing, each Contestant consents to have the Contestant’s Submission made available for public viewing and/or comment on the Internet.
THE CONTENT OF THE SUBMISSION REPRESENTS THE VIEWS AND OPINIONS OF SOLELY THE CONTESTANT WHO HAS PROVIDED THE SUBMISSION AND DOES NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS AND/OR OPINIONS OF THE SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. SPONSOR DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR SCREENING, MONITORING OR REVIEWING SUBMISSIONS PRIOR TO POSTING OF SAME. SPONSOR MAY EDIT SUBMISSIONS PRIOR TO POSTING THEM ON ANY WEBSITE OR ELSEWHERE IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE CONTEST, BUT WILL BE SEEKING THE APPROVAL OF THE RESPECTIVE CONTESTANT PRIOR TO EFFECTING SUCH EDITING AND/OR POSTING.
4. JUDGING: The evaluation of Submissions will consist of three (3) phases:
PHASE 1, constituting an “Initial Review”, by which ten (10) Semi-Finalists are selected by the independent judges;
PHASE 2, by which four (4) Finalists are selected by the SheBelieves Selection Committee;
PHASE 3, by which, among other things, a public, online vote is conducted and, thereafter, it is determined which prize will be awarded to one (1) of the Finalists.
PHASE 1: All Submissions will be initially reviewed by independent judges for compliance with these Official Rules (including the Submission requirements). Thereafter, the independent judges will “score” each of the Submissions then deemed eligible, based on the following criteria:
Passion for empowering and making a difference in her community or elsewhere (40%)
Creativity/originality of submission (33%)
Consistency of service and lasting impact (27%)
Each Submission will, for each of the above-described criteria, be scored by the independent judges with a raw score between 1-5 (with 5 being the highest). For each Submission, after a (1-5) score has been determined for each criterion, each raw score will be “weighted”, taking into account the relative percentages shown above (in parentheses, next to each criterion). The “total score” for each scored Submission will be the total score of all of the above criteria (taking into account the above-described “weighting”). The ten (10) Submissions having the highest “total score” will proceed to Phase 2 (described more fully below) and, at that point, each Contestant associated with each of such ten (10) Submissions will be deemed a “Semi-Finalist”.
Semi-Finalists will not be notified and will not receive any prize for merely being selected as a Semi-Finalist. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select fewer than ten (10) Semi-Finalists (if, for example but without limitation, an insufficient number of eligible Submissions are received).
PHASE 2: SheBelieves Selection Committee will “score” the Semi-Finalists based on the same judging criteria utilized by the independent judges in selecting the Semi-Finalists, as set forth above. To accomplish this, the SheBelieves Selection Committee will use the same scoring system to re-score each Semi-Finalist-related Submission by assigning a 1-5 raw score to each criterion and, thereafter, “weighting” each such raw score, using the same percentages deployed in Phase 1, then adding each weighted raw score to arrive at a “weighted total score”). The four (4) Semi-Finalist Submissions having the highest “weighted total score” will proceed to Phase 3 and each Contestant associated with each of such four (4) Submissions will be deemed a “Finalist”. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to select fewer than four (4) Finalists for any reason whatsoever.
NOTE: In the event of a tie in Phase 1 or Phase 2, an additional judge will score each tied Submission (pursuant to the procedures described above) and the Submission with the highest total score pursuant to that subsequent scoring will proceed to Phase 2 or Phase 3, respectively. In the event of a further tie as to Phase 1 or Phase 2, the SheBelieves Selection Committee (as applicable) shall, in their sole discretion, choose a Semi-Finalist or Finalist (as applicable) based on its evaluation of which Submission is superior overall, taking the entire judging criteria into consideration.
5. FINALIST NOTIFICATION: On or about February 15, 2019, Finalists will be notified via the Website in which he/she provided their Submission by either a comment, @reply or email. Finalist must respond within 24 hours of the first notification attempt and submit the required information (as described herein or in any further communicationreceived from the Sponsor) in order to proceed to Phase 3. In the event the Sponsor cannot reach a potential Finalist via the applicable Website, a potential Finalist does not respond by the date indicated within such notification, or if it is determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, that a potential Finalist is not eligible in accordance with these Official Rules, such potential Finalist will be disqualified (without compensation of any kind) and the next alternate Finalist will be the next Submission with the highest score.
Except where prohibited, each Finalist must, in order to proceed to Phase 3, sign and return, within twenty-four (24) hours from the date of the Finalist notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release. If the Finalist is unable to provide the Affidavit within the time and date indicated, then that Finalist forfeits his/her right to participate in the Contest and another Finalist may be selected as set forth above.
If the Finalist notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, or if any Finalist is found to be ineligible, or if any Finalist has not complied with these Official Rules, such Finalist will be disqualified and another Finalist may be selected.
PHASE 3: After the Finalists have been determined, as described herein or in additional communications sent by Sponsor during Phase 2, the Sponsor will upload the Finalists’ videos to www.ussoccer.com, which the public will be able to visit to vote for their favorite Finalist Submission. All eligible Finalist videos will be uploaded to the Website by February 18, 2019. Sponsor is not responsible for any technical and/or quality issues of any video uploaded to the Website, it being understood that the video displayed as the Finalist Submission on the Website may differ from what was submitted by the Finalist due to technical limitations or other reasons. Videos will be attributed based on the official names of the respective Contestant (relating to each Finalist Submission). The videos will be displayed on the Website in a format/pattern/sequence of Sponsor’s sole choosing, and may be rotated one or more times during the Public Voting Period (defined below). Public voting will begin at 3:00:00 p.m. CT on February 18, 2019 and end at 5:00:00 p.m. CT on February 22, 2019 (the “Public Voting Period”). However, by posting notice to such effect on www.ussoccer.com, Sponsor may reschedule, postpone or modify the term of the Public Voting Period. Finalist will receive one (1) vote each time a person selects the video that relates to the respective Finalist Submission. Limit one (1) vote per day per IP Address for the entire Public Voting Period. Only one (1) Finalist Submission may be selected per vote.
The voting is open to persons who are legal U.S. residents currently residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years old. All votes are subject to final verification by Sponsor. Sponsor has the right to void any votes that, Sponsor deems in their joint discretion, are received fraudulently, not submitted in accordance with the spirit and letter of these Official Rules or via the use of automated software. Any posting of votes received by a given Finalist Submission (including but not limited to on a leaderboard or ranking of any kind) on the Website or elsewhere is intended for informational purposes only and may be modified by Sponsor without notice or liability based on the validation of votes; and, as such, any posting of vote totals is in no way binding upon Sponsor.
After the Public Voting Period has concluded, to determine the Grand Prize Winner, the Phase 2 “raw score” tabulations for each Finalist will be re-used to allow, by also taking into account the results of the public vote, a “Phase 3 Total Score” to be determined. Such “Phase 3 Total Score” will be determined by “weighting” the Phase 2 scores for each of the first four below-listed criteria (using the relative percentages tabulated below), then “weighting” the results of the public vote (which, as indicated below, will carry a relative “weight” of 50%), and adding all of the above (in this paragraph) together to arrive at each Finalist’s “Phase 3 Total Score”:
Passion for empowering and making a difference in her community or elsewhere (20%)
Consistency of service and lasting impact (13%)
Public Voting (50%)
The Finalist with the highest Phase 3 Total Score will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner.
In the event of a tie, an additional judge will re-score each tied Finalist Submission (pursuant to the Phase 1 judging criteria) and the Finalist Submission with the highest total score will be deemed the potential Grand Prize Winner. In the event of a further tie, the Sponsor in its sole discretion shall choose the potential Grand Prize Winner from the tied Finalist Submissions based on an evaluation of which Submission is superior overall, taking the entire judging criteria into consideration.
Sponsor/ shall have no duty or obligation to release results of scoring, identity of judges, or justification of results.
6. GRAND PRIZE DETAILS: Grand Prize Winner will be awarded a trip for two (2) to the WNT SheBelieves matches in Nashville, TN on March 2, 2019 (the “Grand Prize”). The Grand Prize is inclusive of: i) round-trip coach-class air transportation to/from the Grand Prize Winner’s legal residence within the U.S. to/from a major commercial airport nearest a majorairport in Nashville, TN for Grand Prize Winner and one (1) guest, ii) two (2) nights hotel accommodations (one (1) room, double occupancy) to be determined by Sponsor, iii) ground transportation to/from the hotel and Stadium, and iv) US Soccer gear. The Grand Prize has an approximate retail value (“ARV”) of $1,300.
Grand Prize Winner must travel from March 1, 2019 to March 3, 2019. If the Grand Prize Winner is unable to travel on these dates, Grand Prize Winner forfeits his/her rights to the Grand Prize and no compensation will be awarded. Grand Prize Winner’s parent or legal guardian must attend the trip with the Grand Prize Winner.
Tickets, accommodations, certificates if any, are subject to the terms and conditions of issuer and will not be replaced by Sponsor if lost, stolen, misplaced, damaged or destroyed. Grand Prize ARV may vary, depending on the point, date and time of departure. Any difference between ARV and actual value will not be awarded as cash or otherwise. Grand Prize must be accepted as a whole, or will be forfeited in its entirety. All travel arrangements must be made through the Sponsor or a travel agent or entity selected by Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for all any additional transportation, excursions, tips or gratuities, fuel, parking, beverages, telephone calls, overages, baggage fees, extras and any other incidental costs or expenses not specifically stated herein as being included. Specific air carrier(s) and other trip specifics are selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All travel is subject to availability; blackout dates and other restrictions may apply. Travel must originate and end at the same major gateway airport. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Grand Prize Winner and guest will be required to obtain and maintain all insurance (including health, liability and any other insurance). Grand Prize Winner acknowledges and agrees that the Contest Parties are not providers/carriers of transportation, or insurance providers. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked. No frequent flier miles will be earned on any element of Grand Prize travel. Grand Prize conditions may be added or modified by Sponsor or its designee. Winner and guest must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a valid major credit card. Contest Parties are not responsible for any changes of any element of Grand Prize, nor are they liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight/event changes, cancellation or delays. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, and certain other restrictions, which may include a Saturday night stay, all of which are subject to change. Any unclaimed and/or unused element of the Grand Prize, or any element thereof, will remain the property of Sponsor or its designee. A Grand Prize Winner later found ineligible or non-compliant will be immediately required to return and forfeit any Grand Prize awarded. In the event Grand Prize Winner and/or guest engage(s) in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor (or its designee) in their absolute discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, dangerous, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, or may cause harm, property damage or any other loss, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip early, in whole or in part, and to send the Grand Prize Winner (and guest) home with no further compensation.
No cash equivalent or substitution of Grand Prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of Grand Prize is permitted. If the Grand Prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Products or any other element received as a prize may not be resold, auctioned, bartered, or placed into any other unauthorized channels of distribution. Any prize pictured in advertising or promotional materials is for illustrative purposes only and may not be the actual prize awarded. Except for any standard manufacturer’s warranty, GRAND PRIZE IS AWARDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO THEIR QUALITY OR CONDITION AND PROMOTION ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, SUITABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
7. GRAND PRIZE WINNER NOTIFICATION: Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email. Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize Winner must sign and return, within twenty-four (24) hours from the date of the notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release, travel companion waiver and an IRS W-9 Form and perhaps other documents in connection with the Grand Prize (the “Winner’s Documents”) in order to claim the Grand Prize. If the potential Grand Prize Winner is unable to provide the Winner’s Documents within the time and date indicated, then that Grand Prize Winner may, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion, forfeit his/her right to the Grand Prize and an alternate Grand Prize Winner will be selected based on the remaining three (3) Finalists’ Phase 3 Total Score.
The value associated with the Grand Prize may be taxable as income and the Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes, including, but not limited to, all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the Grand Prize. The Sponsor, or a third party acting on its behalf, may be required to report the value of the Grand Prize to the Internal Revenue Service in the year the Grand Prize is received by the Grand Prize Winner; and, in such case, the value of the Grand Prize will be reported to the Grand Prize Winner and the Internal Revenue Service in the form of a Form 1099 and/or other applicable tax forms.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from Contestant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or the Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: Hardware or software errors; faulty- computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Websites in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Websites; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on any of the Websites. Use of Websites is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest. All Submisstions become the sole property of the Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged or returned.
9. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, Contestants release Sponsor, Contest Parties, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Contestant’s participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize, recipient (a) agrees that the Released Parties, participating retailers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize and (b) grants (and agrees to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will determine the winner from among all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received prior to cancellation. This Contest is offered only in fifty (50) United States and and the District of Columbia and is governed by the laws of the state of Illinois, and all claims must be resolved in the federal or state courts located in Cook county, Illinois.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE WEBSITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE PRECEDING EXPRESSLY INCLUDES BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO ANY ATTEMPT TO TAMPER WITH OR MANIPULATE THE PUBLIC VOTING PHASE OF THE CONTEST.
12. WINNER'S LIST: For the name of the Grand Prize Winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by March 4, 2019 to: U.S. Soccer, ATTN: SheBelieves Hero, 1801 S. Prairie Ave., Chicago, IL 60616.
13. SPONSOR: United States Soccer Federation, Inc., 1801 S. Prairie Ave.