SHEBELIEVES HERO™ TWITTER CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. BY ENTERING, ENTRANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS.
1. The object of the SheBelieves Hero™ Twitter Contest (the “Contest”) is to describe how a Nominee (defined below) is a SheBelieves Hero by creating and posting an original Tweet exhibiting the most creative and passionate expression of why Nominee deserves to be the SheBelieves Hero™ (the "Entry"). A SheBelieves Hero™ is a leader in their community, a confident and passionate individual who empowers others around her and is working to make a difference. You must post your Entry via a public Tweet on Twitter using your public Twitter account as directed by @ussoccer_WNT (the "Soccer Account"). Your Tweet must be relevant to the Contest question posed and must include the “#SheBelievesHero” hashtag to be valid. Each post must contain at least fourteen (14) characters and no more than two hundred and eighty (280) characters and must be in English (the "Submission Requirements"). Staff members and alumnae players of the United States Soccer Federation, Inc. (the "Judges") will select the four (4) most compelling Entries (the “Finalists”) in accordance with these Official Rules and based upon criteria set forth in the Judging section below, and from these four Finalists, the general public will be invited to vote on their favorite Entry to determine the Winners (defined below). To be eligible, the person nominated ("Nominee") must (a) be a legal resident of the United States; (b) be of the legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction (and at least 18 years of age) or given the express, written permission of Nominee's parent/guardian, between the ages of 13 and 18; (c) be currently living; (d) not be an Ineligible Individual; (e) be someone the person submitting the Entry personally knows; (f) have given his/her express permission (or obtained such permission from Nominee's parent/guardian) to entrant for entrant to submit the Entry and enter him/her as a potential winner of this Contest; and (g) have given his/her express permission (or obtained such permission from Nominee's parent/guardian) for entrant to give his/her name and contact information to Sponsor for Contest administration purposes and to be contacted if Nominee is a potential winner ([f] and [g] collectively, "Nominee Permission"). In order to submit an Entry, the person submitting the Entry must have permission from the Nominee. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may require entrant to verify such permission before awarding a Prize to a Nominee. Each entrant is entering the Contest on behalf of the Nominee described in his/her Entry and will not him/herself be eligible to win or receive any prize.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to individuals (“Video Submitters”) who are legal U.S. residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older with a valid Twitter account and a valid email address at the time of entry, (except in the case of legal residents of certain states/territories/ where the legal age of majority is greater than eighteen (18) years of age, such legal age of majority). The following persons are not eligible to participate: Employees, contractors, directors and officers of the United States Soccer Federation, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest) (collectively, "Ineligible Individuals") are not eligible to participate or win a Prize.
3. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins at 11:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on January 9, 2018, and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on February 5, 2018 (“Contest Period”). Twitter’s message board, as shown thereon, is the official clock for this Contest.
4. TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, Sponsor will publish the Contest video, “Do you know someone who is a SheBelieves Hero” inviting participants to respond via a video submission to @ussoccer_WNT Twitter handle (a “Tweet” “Post” or the “Entry”). Each Entry must include a post relevant to the Contest question posed and must include the “#SheBelievesHero” hashtag to be valid. Each post must contain at least fourteen (14) characters and no more than two hundred and eighty (280) characters and must be in English. Limit one (1) Entry per Day per person/Twitter account. Valid posts must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. CT on the last day of the Contest Period to be eligible for that Judging. To sign up for a free Twitter account, follow the onscreen instructions to register for a free Twitter account at http://twitter.com. To become a U.S. Soccer follower on Twitter, visit https://twitter.com/ussoccer_wnt (“Website”). Incomplete, illegible, false, deceptive or garbled Entries are not eligible.
Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account from which the Entry is submitted at the time of entry. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter account associated with the winning Entry and/or an eligible entrant. One Entry per person/Twitter account/email address. Participants may not register/enter with multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to register/enter under multiple identities. Any participant who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses under multiple identities will be disqualified and forfeits any prize won, in Sponsor's discretion.
5. ENTRY GUIDELINES: Submissions must contain the hashtag #SheBelievesHero to be valid. Submissions must be original; may not have won previous awards; may not be obscene or indecent; cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, profane or pornographic, or violent or otherwise promote bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by federal, state, territory, provincial or local law, ordinance, or regulation; cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; cannot be offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, its players or its products or services, or other people, products, companies or third parties; cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; may not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity; may not in any other way violate any applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations or the Twitter.com or Instagram.com Terms of Service; may not contain any reference to any third party trademarks, names or third party logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (except Sponsor), without permission, or any copyrighted components; and cannot contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses. Submissions not in compliance with the Submission Guidelines may be disqualified.
BY SUBMITTING A POST, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER POST MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE AND OTHER SPONSOR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of a post grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such post in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
SUBMISSIONS POSTED TO THE WEBSITE AND OTHER SPONSOR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS ARE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
By submitting a post, you agree that your post is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Tweet on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your post, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
6. FINAL ROUND OF CONTEST JUDGING: Entries will be judged by a panel of Judges as selected by Sponsor from Federation staff and alumnae players and will be narrowed down to four (4) Finalists. Entries will be ranked by Judges based on the following criteria: (a) Unique entertainment value, (b) creativity; and (c) explanation as to why Nominee should be the SheBelieves Hero (the “Judging Criteria”). The Finalists’ entries will be shared on www.ussoccer.com and social media channels to allow the public to “vote” for their favorite submission by clicking “like” on Facebook, favoriting/retweeting on Twitter and/or clicking “like” on Instagram. The Entry that receives the most interactions across the U.S. Soccer channels will be the winner and be named the SheBelieves Hero.
7. PRIZE DETAILS: Prize: a round trip for two (2) to the WNT SheBelieves match in Harrison, NJ on March 4, 2018. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $1,300. All Prize details shall be determined in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor and subject to availability. The Prizes are non-transferable and non-assignable (other than in the case of a Nominee under the age of 18, in which case the Nominee's parent/guardian agrees to accept the Prize on behalf of Nominee and travel with the Nominee), with no cash redemptions except at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or any portion thereof) with a prize of comparable or greater value at its sole and absolute discretion. Prize may include but is not limited to flight, hotel, local ground transportation in New Jersey to stadium, gear. Travel and hotel accommodation restrictions apply. Winner must be able to travel on the dates to be determined by the Sponsor. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor's agent and on a carrier of Sponsor's choice. Each Winner and his/her guest are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents prior to travel and must have no impediment to entering/traveling throughout the United States. Each Winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Winner must accept prize as stated by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Any difference between stated value and actual value will not be awarded. Winner and his/her guest must possess United States government-approved travel documents and be willing to sign any other legal documents required by Sponsor, including without limitation an appropriate affidavit of eligibility and release of liability. The Released Parties (described below) are not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to a trip package. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including but not limited to income taxes) and all fees and expenses related to delivery, acceptance, and use of a Prize not specifically identified in these Official Rules, including but not limited to, all meals, taxes, gratuities, ground transportation from Winner’s home to/from airport, travel insurance, rental automobile insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including mini-bar), phone charges, merchandise, souvenirs, travel insurance and other expenses are solely the responsibility of the Winner and guest. Winner and guest must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a valid major credit card.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Promotion Parties resulting from entrant's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or the Promotion Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: Hardware or software errors; faulty- computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest. All Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor, and will not be acknowledged or returned. By participating in the Contest, entrants release Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize, recipient (a) agrees that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties, participating retailers, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize and (b) grants (and agrees to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including the Internet without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
9. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winner will be notified by Twitter direct message or by phone/email on or about February 17, 2018. Winner may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release prior to delivery of prize. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in entrant's Twitter account information, mailing address, email, and/or telephone number. If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not returned within the required number of days, if winner cannot be verified, or if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Winner is solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize, if applicable. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will determine the winner from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to cancellation.
All applicable federal, state, territory, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Sponsor, Twitter and each of their respective parent companies, trustees, subsidiaries, franchisees, assignees, affiliates, licensees, agents, independent contractors, telecasters, sponsors, licensees and advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective general and limited partners, members, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, employees, players, representatives and contractors (collectively, the "Released Parties") shall not be responsible for lost, late, stolen, garbled, delayed, undelivered, or misdirected entries, for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry information whether caused by a participant, equipment, or technical malfunction or for any human error, technical error or malfunctions.
Released Parties are not responsible for any technical, computer, network, typographical, printing, human or other errors relating to or in connection with this Contest, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the offer or administration of this Contest, the processing of entries, the tabulation of scores, the cancellation of games or any errors appearing in any Contest related-materials including, but not limited, to errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection and announcement of the Winners or the distribution of the Prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, cancellation of games, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and, if terminated, to determine the Winners, if any, from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries submitted up to the point of termination.
Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, cable, satellite, wireless, Internet Service Provider (ISP) or lines, computer systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, malfunctions of wireless devices, wireless service problems, cellular tower equipment, failure of any email or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or wireless service congestion, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE CONTENT OR LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR WILL DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT, AND SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any individual responsible for submitting a Winning Entry based on a Twitter account, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the Twitter account that submitted the Entry at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The "Authorized Account Holder" of a Twitter account is defined as the natural person assigned to a Twitter account by Twitter.com.
In the event that the Contest is challenged by any legal or regulatory authority, Sponsor reserves the right to discontinue or modify the Contest, or to disqualify participants residing in the affected geographic areas. In such event, the Released Parties shall have no liability to any participant who is disqualified due to such an action.
As a condition of entering this Contest, each entrant agrees that (i) any and all disputes, claims, controversies or causes of action arising out of or relating to this Contest, or any prizes awarded (each, a "Claim"), shall be (1) arbitrated on an individual basis only, and shall not be consolidated or joined with or in any arbitration or other proceeding involving a Claim of any other party, and (2) settled by binding arbitration in Chicago, Illinois before a single arbitrator appointed by JAMS mediation and arbitration services in accordance with its then governing rules and procedures, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof; and (ii) under no circumstance will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses. These Official Rules shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A, applicable to contracts entered into and performed exclusively in that State.
The Contest is a skill contest designed to increase consumer awareness of and interest in soccer. This Contest may not be used for, or in connection with, any form of gambling.
11. WINNER'S LIST: For the name of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by December 31, 2018 to: U.S. Soccer, ATTN: Fan Services, 1801 S. Prairie Ave., Chicago, IL 60616.
12. SPONSOR: United States Soccer Federation, Inc., 1801 S. Prairie Ave., Chicago, IL 60616.